Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Some differences this time

I noticed something yesterday...most of the pull to eat at fast food places is gone. I remember how deep the pull was and now, if I feel anything at all, its a minor twinge...that is progress!! What I still have yet to conquer is the pantry and my late night eating. I know I need to give up my time relaxing at night after Daniel is in bed. If Ken stays up, I am ok but once he goes to bed...The desire kicks in and its hard to fight it. I have taken up knitting as an activity to help keep me occupied but the pull of late night eating is so much stronger right now!

Its funny how I can have the best, most controlled day of eating and I give it up so easily at night. I think what I need to do is to reset the armor in the evening...maybe alittle quiet time in the evening and I work to give up the alone time late night...I would like to get up earlier and have treadmill time every day...hmm, this all sounds like wisdom to me...changing old destructive behaviors

read Psalm 107...lots of crying out in distress and the Lord delivering the "Criers"...he satisfies the hungry soul and the hungry soul he fills with good things...I believe that!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, at the end of a long, tiring, busy day, I find my resistance is down. I know the best thing for me to do to wind down is stay off the computer and keep the tv off (unless I'm watching a specific show). It's always a temptation, even though I know I'm healthier when I dim the lights, stretch and read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you haven't given up the fight!

    ReplyDelete