Friday, May 15, 2009

Day 4 & 5 - How do I transcend?

This morning, I read Romans Chapter 7 about sinful nature and doing what you do not want to do. I need to camp here for awhile. I always forget about this chapter but it is really the essence of who I am as an addict. Its really the essence of who we all are. My mind is still so set on my own personal gratification when it comes to food. This fast has showed me another angle of this struggle. When I feel "hunger" in between the shakes...its not the fresh fruit that I usually crave, its crackers or chips or something that satisfies my desire to eat, not my body's need for fuel.

How do I change this...how do I transcend my sinful nature to eat selfishly? How do I truly serve my new nature?

"When I want to do good, evil is right there with me, for in my innermost being, I delight in God's law, but, I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war etc.......what a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this sin deep within me???

Answer - Jesus, if I let him!

1 comment:

  1. Dear friend, just spent a few minutes catching up on your blog. Praying for you in this brave endeavor of setting aside 10 days to fast. I'm asking the Lord to meet you in a deep, satisfying way that nothing of this world could compare to. I am thankful for your courage to confess, repent and believe in the community of those who love you. God is indeed being glorified through you!

    ReplyDelete