Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 32 - An Assessment

This morning I made myself 2 eggs on toast for breakfast. As I was eating it, I thought...I probably could have just made one egg and been satisfied. I did not feel anything telling me to stop as I ate both eggs but that thought did occur to me. Then I went online and did some research...let me see how many calories I should be taking in tio maintain my body weight and then to lose weight. It seems that most websites say I can not take in more than 2600 calories a day if I want to lose weight...probably more like 2200...thats the range depending on each websites idea of moderate activity...Whew, that sounds like alot of food! I then did a list of what I ate yesterday which was a good nomal day of eating (was able to resist the donuts that some "kind" soul brought to bible study last night...why, why must donuts follow me wherever I go...they haunt me and taunt me...cant laugh in the face of the box of donuts yet...Grrrr!)

Anyway, the solid list of "food I ate yesteday" showed a bottom line of 2678 calories...not bad! I was a bit tortured by temptation but not really hunger. In looking at this list of food, I can definately see where I can cut additional things out...a few pats of butter..cut down even more on portion size..make snacks even smaller etc..

Its good to be educated. This helps me...I have come so far but I still need to grow more..I still need more awareness and heart change...I dont want to get caught up in this calorie counting but I do need to use it as a tool...along with the scale...

Its cool to see how God is moving me gently into the next step of this control and restraint thing...slowly, as not to send me on a deprivation tail spin into old behaviors...I have no real deadline...the 40 day commitment I originally made to obtain clarity has given me that...and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment