Saturday, February 14, 2009

A little help along the way!

Ok, as the day went on, it did get a little harder to avoid the donuts. It was harder not to glance at the box which was partially open and calling to me ...The last time I passed by in the weakness of my physical hunger (I didn't pack a lunch today and there was no pizza)...I broke down and glanced in to the box....it was empty...it was just a stupid empty box that I was allowing to have power over me...God, you are so good...I am not alone in this struggle. You took the decision away...to take or not to take!

I am learning that the calling is not from the box...or the fast food joint, bakery, Starbucks etc...it comes from within...its my heart wanting to seek pleasure and satisfaction...the desire of my heart is changing ever so slowly....painfully slowly...but, it IS changing.

It was a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I love this story. It speaks volumes of the "empty box" behind so many of our temptations!

    ReplyDelete